The University of Tennessee/ West Institute invests in discovery, advancement and innovation in the field of adult cancer research and patient education, care and support to ensure that all patients have access to the most innovative research and effective therapies while respecting individual quality of life. In short, we are working to save lives from cancer.
But we cannot do it alone! We need the support of our community to FIGHT ON against the disease that has taken far too much from us for far too long. Everything we do is because of supporters like YOU!
It is because of your kindness that the single mom without insurance will receive a potentially life-saving mammogram. It is your gift that provides lymphedema garments, mastectomy bras, wigs, hats and snacks to our patients – all free of charge. It is you who funds the 1,000 nutrition consultations for our patients each year. And it is your gift that informs transformational research in the field of oncology – research that could be the breakthrough we’ve been dreaming of for decades since the “war on cancer” was officially declared.
With your support, you are changing the lives of cancer patients, every single day.
- $25 could provide a hat or scarf for three patients
- $50 could provide a lymphedema sleeve for one patient
- $125 could provide a screening mammogram for a women who is uninsured
- $175 could provide a wig for five patients who have lost hair as a result of chemotherapy
- $300 could provide a low-dose lung cancer screening to detect cancer early when it is most treatable
- $500 could provide transportation to treatment facilities for twelve patients to ensure they receive the potentially life-saving care they need