Join the fight against cancer, right here in Memphis. We have tons of volunteer positions available for you.
Recruit your friends, family, and company to take part in a wonderful opportunity to give back to our community. Volunteering can be a great way to develop skills, make friends, get exercise, and, most importantly, support the fight against cancer.
Our volunteers have a huge impact on FIGHT ON and we are fortunate to have more than 300 each year to help make it happen. All volunteers will receive a volunteer t-shirt, and service hours.
FIGHT ON Volunteer Shift Examples:
The following list represents examples of some of the many volunteer jobs we need help with at FIGHT ON. Spread the word to your friends who may be able to help, too.
- Finish Line Cheerleaders: Cheer on our cyclists and runners as they cross the finish line! This is a great volunteer role for large group to participate in together. We encourage you to make your own signs and bring poms poms and lots of enthusiasm.
- Parking Attendants: Direct cars in parking lots; not the most glamorous job, but one of the most essential. There are many shifts to cover so please consider this assignment if you can.
- On-site Check-in: Check-in participants, distribute event packets, collect donations and thank participants.
- Bike/Bag Check Tent: Assist race participants with storing their bikes or bags in the designated area.
- Trash/Clean Up: Collecting trash throughout the event space, emptying trash cans as needed & replacing trash bags.
- Most FIGHT ON jobs are physical and may take place outside. Please dress in comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather (rain gear, if necessary) and suitable footwear (NO flip-flops). You must wear your volunteer T-shirt. For outdoor positions please remember to be SUN SAFE (sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats).
- Volunteers are expected to work hard and be responsible but ALSO to have fun! There is a wonderfully positive atmosphere at FIGHT ON and we want you to feel a part of it. Refreshments at the event are available at the volunteer check in tent on Saturday, September 15.
- In order to volunteer independently, children must be age 14 or older. Younger volunteers must be accompanied by an adult and be able to work responsibly alongside the adult so that they don’t need the full attention of the adult.
- We encourage you to sign up for more than one shift if you’re able (many participants also volunteer before or after their event!).